We are very excited you’re staying at our Pfefferbett Hostel! Thank you for your trust, we are really happy you’re here. Of course we will do everything we can to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible. Promise!!!
The Pfefferbett Hostel is located in the heart of Prenzlauer Berg, a residential neighbourhood – yes, people actually live here, who feel at home and love the big city life. Some come home after a hard workday and need to rest from everyday stress, some do homework with their children, after putting their younger siblings to bed because kindergarten is calling again the next morning. Others work until late at night. Long story short...
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OUR CHERISHED NEIGHBOURS
It’s actually quite simple if you stick to the following rules.
Love, peace and harmony and everyone is in a great mood!
(1) Smoking and any handling of fire or naked lights are strictly forbidden in the entire house. Any violation will be pursued with a fine of EUR 200. Anyone who sets off the fire alarm by smoking or otherwise handling fire or smoke, will bear the full cost of the automatic fire run.
(2) For reasons of hygiene and safety, the storage and preparation of food are not permitted in our rooms and dorms.
(3) In consideration of our neighbours and other guests, the noise level must be kept low after 10 p.m. Please only listen to music by using headphones and do not use bluetooth speakers. Windows facing the hostel garden must be kept closed after 11.00 p.m. if conversations in the rooms are still going on. Parties and the consumption of alcohol are not permitted in our guest rooms/ dorms. Anyone who throws objects and/ or rubbish out of the windows will be immediately expelled from our hostel and the management will file a criminal complaint.
(4) We would like to point out that we cannot assume any liability for luggage and valuables. Please make sure to always lock your room when leaving. The lockers in the rooms are no safes. Personal belongings, cash, credit cards, travel documents as well as flight or train tickets are placed in the lockers at your own risk. The hostel assumes no liability in the event of theft or burglary. Valuable items can be locked up at our 24/7 reception.
(5) Visitors can be received in the lobby, garden and bar area. Overnight stays of people who are not guests of our hostel are not allowed.
(6) Bringing alcohol or drugs of any kind into our hostel is strictly forbidden. If there is any suspicion of drug use in our hostel or premises, the police will be informed immediately and the householder’s rights will be enforced.
(7) Weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden at our hostel.
(8) The hostel management is entitled to enforce the householder’s rights! In urgent cases, the hostel management has the right to enter guest rooms/ dorms in order to enforce the householder’s rights and take necessary measures. In the event of disturbance of the house peace or violation of the house rules, the hostel management is authorized to take appropriate measures. Prohibition to stay at our hostel can be imposed after repeated warnings or in the event of gross violations of our hostel rules.
(9) Damage and soiling: The costs of repair, replacement or additional cleaning will be charged accordingly. Please do not carry any furniture/ inventory out of the rooms/ dorms (e. g. blankets, chairs, etc.).
(10) In case of intentional or negligent blockage of the drainage system, a fine of EUR 3.500 will be charged. Please use designated hygiene waste bins!
(11) Lost keys will be charged at EUR 20 and must be paid immediately in cash.
(12) On the day of arrival, the rooms are ready to move into from 3 p.m. Reservations generally are maintained until 6.00 p.m. You can also arrange individual arrival times with the hostel management.
On the day of departure, we kindly ask you to vacate the room by 11 a.m. If you arrive earlier or depart later, you can leave your luggage in our luggage room free of charge. We assume no liability for luggage and valuables.